Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Dedicated to Gordie Powers


A little over a year ago my cousin, Gordie Powers, tragically died. I didn't know what to say to his family at the time, and this year on his anniversary I still didn't know what to say. But today is his 27th birthday, and I finally figured out how to express myself. This blog and artwork is dedicated to his family and his memory. I am not one for words, but I hope the song lyrics in the art are consoling.

He will always be in my heart.

Rest in Peace
Gordie Powers
February 25, 1982 - February 11, 2008

1 comment:

  1. Hey Bern,
    It came out great! I really like the lettering of Gordie's name. What a lot of work from start to finish. Know you will catch up on your lost sleep - it was worth it. Thanks for posting it on your blog and sharing it with everyone - I know we all were thinking of him today.

    love ya, mom

    ReplyDelete