Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Permanent Doodles







Yes... permanent doodles. Not sharpies. Not graffiti. Tattoos! I had the honor of designing a tattoo for an old friend. He was looking for a Polynesian design for his upper arm and shoulder. I had never (knowingly) drawn in the Polynesian style, but upon research I realized my doodles were similar. Right away I was drawn in by the geometric shapes and knew this was a great project for me. 

After a lot of sketches, this is what we came up with:

The tattoo artist said it had too many details that wouldn't translate well into a tattoo. But overall it would work. It was my first tattoo design, so I didn't know what was going to be too intricate. Good to know for next time.

After 1 tattoo session this is what it looks like:


He has 3 more sessions before the tattoo is finished, so I will keep you posted.

Do you want a tattoo?

Etsy - Pinterest - Twitter - Facebook Fan Page

All images copyright of Bernadette Moke 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment