Wednesday, December 30, 2009

The House that Bern Built



This was the pride of my projects this year.  I have been wanting to make 1/4" scale model of the house I grew up in, the house my dad built, the house where my parents still live, for a few years now.  So I decided if I was going to do it, I was going to do it right, and go all out (continued at the bottom)





 


The shingles were cut individually, and the shingles were layered on, there are shutters, and window casings, the window panes are divided up by string, the front and back door have the storm door, and the screen door... with "glass" and all.  There are handles on the garage doors, and steps at the front and back door.

This project too much longer than I anticipated, but it was TOTALLY worth it.  I love how it turned out :)

Etsy - Website - Twitter

All images copyright of Bernadette Moke 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment