Monday, June 8, 2009

MOCCA Festival 2009


I went to MOCCA (Museum of Comic and Cartoon Art) Art Festival yesterday!! Let me say (besides being hot as hell) I LOVED IT! There were SO many talented artists and illustrators! I got to see my favorite, Lucy Knisley. I knew her table number but the tables weren't numbered, just as i pulled out my map to check and see where she was in relation to where I was standing, Al nudged me. I looked up and realized I was standing right in front of her table! This is going to sound super corny, but I was star-struck. I haden't visited any other tables yet, so I browsed the table next to hers until I got the courage to say hi. I might have even told her I'm a big fan. Haha! (I know I'm a dork) I got to talk to her for awhile, she was so nice!!


With a smile plastered to my face I moved on to other booths, but honestly I only went to see/meet her. The other highlight of my time at MOCCA was when I went to the Comics Bakery booth. There was an artist there named Raina Telgemeier. Her style is similar to Lucy's, clean, comical, and about normal everyday things (sorry no superheros). What I found cool was she takes Baby-sitters Club Books (if you were a girl in the 90's you know EXACTLY what series I'm talking about) and she illustrates them in graphic novel format! I thought that was so cool... totally brought me back!! I read all those books (multiple times) when I was younger, and watched the movie, and had the board game.


Here are the links for all the tables I grabbed a card from:
Lucy Knisley http://www.lucyknisley.comRania Telgemeier www.goraina.com
Tim Piotrowski www.glitchworks.com

Jason Marcy www.jasonmarcy.com
Pat Lewis http://www.lunchbreakcomics.com
Joe Bluhm www.joebluhm.com
(my favorite comedian- Brian Regan)

Jason Viola http://hermanthemanatee.com
Karl Stevens www.karlstevensart.com


Etsy - Website - Flickr

All images copyright of their respective artists.

No comments:

Post a Comment