Friday, May 29, 2009

Ponte Vecchio


Ponte Vecchio, Florence, Italy
Marker on paper
2003


Ok... 2003... so this isn't exactly a recent work, but i unearthed it a few days ago, and it remains one of my favorite sketches. I worked on it during my lunch break YEARS ago when I was an intern at an architecture firm, Ford, Farewell, Mills and Gatsch Architects, LLC, in Princeton, New Jersey. I drew it on the back of a scrap piece of paper (plans to a project at the time). I used a picture as a reference... looking at it makes me want to travel the world!!! One day...

"The Ponte Vecchio is a bridge built of wood at this crossing point in 977 was destroyed by fire in 1117, and the next bridge collapsed in 1333. The current Ponte Vecchio is unique in appearance and dates from 1345. Lined with multi-story buildings, the stone bridge is famous for the jewelry stores on both sides of its walkway. Above the shops a long corridor crosses the bridge and links the Galleria degli Uffizi with the Palazzo Pitti, the palace turned museum."


Etsy - Website - Flickr

All images copyright of Bernadette Moke 2009

2 comments:

  1. isnt it crazy how much your drawing has changed since 2003?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very much! You never see it as it's happening, but when you look back the evolution is really cool.

    ReplyDelete