Thursday, August 27, 2009

Design Fundamentals

I'll admit, I haven't been very productive at all this week. But I really want to do some work tonight. Until then I will dig something out of my (dwindling) archives.

This project was for my Design Fundamentals class I took my fall of my senior year of college. Yes, Design Fundamentals sounds like a freshman class, and trust me that's who my constituents were... but it was a Rutgers class and I used it as an elective... plus I needed it to take my painting class. In retrospect, both classes changed my life. I honestly don't know where I'd be without them! Not to be cocky or vain, but I was definitely ahead of the curve in my Design Fundamentals class. But that's not to say I didnt' learn anything. I challenged myself by adding another element to the project.. make it harder on myself. My teacher allowed me to take this liberties after awhile :)


This is the project that definitely changed it all... changed my thoughts on abstract art... it was a platform for my doodles to develop. The goal of the project was to create a black and white design where you can't tell which color is the foreground and which is the background.

Etsy - Website - Flickr

All images copyright of Bernadette Moke 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment