Tuesday, August 4, 2009

It's all in my head

I have a lot of ideas swirling around and I haven't really acted on them yet. But I'll share them none the less.

1. I am working on a doodle card for a wedding this weekend. The groom is a fan of my doodles, so I am going to personalize a card for them. I would show you what I have so far, but I want them to see it first, so I'll post the completed card next week.

2. A double decker doodle... crazy sounding, I know. But I am going to play around with the concept. It will be a doodle done all in pencil, underneath a doodle done all in sharpie marker... but the sharpie marker won't be filled in, so you can see the entire pencil doodle. This has a 50% chance of working

3. I had a TERRIBLE day yesterday, I think it will translate very well into a comic. I wrote a vague outline last night. I wrote down 15 bullet points... but some need a few panels. I am going to guess it will end up being around 45 panels.

4. My favorite comic/artist Lucy Knisley recently went to Paris and wrote/illustrated a journal about it: http://lucyknisley.com/galleries/Paris%20Journal/images. Since I am taking a road trip to Freeport, Maine with my boyfriend this weekend for a wedding, I thought I'd try to keep an illustrated journal of the trip. This is going to be a challenge, but I think I'm ready to attempt it!!

5. I obviously want to finish my painting... I've been itching to work on it for awhile, but with getting the last doodle ready for the art show last week and working on the wedding card this week, I dont think I'll get to it until next week :(

Etsy - Website - Flickr

All images copyright of Bernadette Moke 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment