Wednesday, January 8, 2014

A Doodle a Day

Since it is a new year, I decided to create challenges for myself instead of resolutions (well, maybe I will still have resolutions, haven't made a final decision yet). Each month I will pick a new topic/subject for a doodle a day. I won't do my traditional doodles, I am going to challenge myself with different things like Celtic designs as well as typography (letters, quotes, sayings, etc). I'll update you, blog readers, twice a month with my progress, but feel free to follow along on Instagram (@downtowndoodler) and on my Facebook fan page.

January - Celtic Designs

7/365
(fail)

6/365
(metallic silver gel pen fills in the negative space) 

5/365
(copied from the book... my favorite though!)

4/365
(an original design, too boxy!)

3/365
(middle is copied from something, the rest is original)

2/365
(one of my favorites, an original design)

1/365
(middle is copied from something, the rest is original)


Some of my lines are rough and the designs can be forced, but I love them all because I'm learning. Also I should note some designs are original, some are copied and/or inspired from a Celtic book my friend is letting me borrow.

Have a monthly "topic" for me to draw this year? Let me know!

Etsy - Pinterest - Twitter - Email Me - Facebook Fan Page


All images copyright of Bernadette Moke 2013

5/365

No comments:

Post a Comment