Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Nude Drawings - NSFW

I am taking a life drawing class on tuesday nights at my old high school as part of the adult education program.  Below are some of my sketches from my first class last night.


To get you started I'll do a tame sketch so you don't have this naked woman popping up on your computer screen before you read my blurb.  I notoriously don't like feet... not at all.  I think they are ugly and weird looking... but I have to say, that all night I was enjoying drawing feet.  The one above was my favorite.


This one is one of my favorites, I had a great angle to work with, BUT I went over my pencil lines w/conte crayon, and lost the whole "this took a lot of time" effect.  The conte crayon makes this 30 min sketch look quick and easy.


I got the worst angle in the house for this one (and i couldn't move to a better seat!)  She was facing me directly and her legs and right arm are foreshortened.  But I have to say I like how the legs turned out.



I really liked this pose too, but it was very easy.  I'm just happy I got a butt drawing in... for some odd reason i really wanted to draw a butt.  I think it goes back to a painting I saw at the MET two years ago... some naked fat guy in a pose similar to this one.

Etsy - Website - Twitter - Email Me

All images copyright of Bernadette Moke 2010

1 comment:

  1. the ones with the conte crayon outlines remind me of picasso's blue nude: http://googlegadgetworld.com/art4/picasso27Blue-Nude-c-1902-Posters.jpg

    wicked good btw!

    -Ellen

    ReplyDelete